If you’ve ever worked in a creative position such as graphic design or video editing, you are probably familiar with a slew of keyboard shortcuts. And if you’re not, then you probably won’t be working in that position for very long (sorry...).
Put simply, those who know how to limit the number of clicks in any given application have a huge advantage over the rest of the field. Working with Content Manager Desktop is no different.
So with that, I present a short list of some Content Manager Desktop keyboard shortcuts:
- Ctrl + N :: Create a New Database Connection
- Ctrl + O :: Open a Database
- Ctrl + W :: Close the Current Database
- Ctrl + R :: Refresh the Current Database
- Ctrl + S :: Save the Current Database
- Ctrl + X :: Exit Content Manager
- Ctrl + H :: Launch the History Window
- Ctrl + F :: Launch the Find Window
Template Editor Window
- Ctrl + [+] :: Zoom In
- Ctrl + [-] :: Zoom Out
- Ctrl + 1 :: Zoom to 100%
Application Settings Window
- M :: Clear Memory Cache
- D :: Clear Disk Cache
- E :: Clear Content Errors
Additionally, numerous shortcuts are available using the Alt key. To view possible shortcuts, simply press the Alt key one time:
Any underlined characters represent a shortcut available using Alt + [Underlined Character]. For example, in the screenshot above, pressing Alt + F launches the file menu.
And finally, below are a couple of my favorite key combinations to quickly perform various actions:
To quickly clear the memory cache, disk cache, and content errors:
- Alt+O (opens the tools menu), then T (launches the Application Settings window), then M, D, and E to clear each option
To remove an item from the network tree:
- Right-Click on the content item, then M
To unschedule a content item in the network tree:
- Right-Click on the content item, then U
To launch the the Triggers / Interactivity window of a content item in the network tree:
- Right-Click on the content item, then I
I hope this is helpful, and we’ll see you back in a couple weeks for another #DoYouFWI?